Tomorrow my tiny little babies will be 17 months old! When did that HAPPEN?! 
I know I say this every single time, but its so sad how fast they are growing. Some days (only SOME days) I wish for another tiny little baby to kangaroo with and nurse to sleep.
They have lots of new words including Lola (the puppy's name), bubbles, meat, cheese, yummy, daddy (not just dad or dada anymore), Gammy (my mom), fishie, bath, milk, wow, duck and much more. They are really getting into playing with one another and can even keep each other occupied while I do the dishes or switch the laundry now. Just yesterday I walked into the kitchen from the garage and heard hysterical giggles. I peeked around the corner and saw Parker sitting on Addisen's lap and they were rolling in laughter together. LOVE it!!! These are the moments that all mothers of multiples wait for!!! :)
Now, back to the main attraction. Today we did some coloring. I wrapped the top of my coffee table with butcher paper (with wax side down) and masking taped it down under the table. I gave them each a crayon (yes, I say 'cray-on' and not 'crown'-- big dispute in our household). They liked to scribble more than they have in the past and also liked to take them and taste them a bit. I warned my mom already to watch for purple poop tomorrow while I am at work.


Addisen:
Parker:


On another topic, yesterday morning Addisen woke up and got her leg stuck in the crib rails. I went in to her screaming and gently (I mean GENTLY) moved her leg out and consoled her. She was really worked up about it. Well, take a peek at it this morning. 24 hours later-- 
I cannot believe it! I already contacted the Million Dollar Baby Corp who makes DaVinci cribs (we have two of the Roxanne cribs by DaVinci). Lets just say that their website is less than helpful (not even a 'contact us' link) and their answer in the FAQ section about this issue is this:
"The distance between the slats on Million Dollar Baby cribs are regulated through the Consumer Product Safety Commission. The regulation is not to exceed 2 3/8" between the slats. With slats spaced farther apart, a baby's leg could become trapped or stuck between the rails. All our cribs follow the regulation set by the CPSC and Million Dollar Baby proudly carries JPMA certified cribs."
Well, thanks for that help. The actual question they had listed was "My child's leg gets stuck on the slats. How can I prevent this from happening?" and that was the lame answer they gave?! I sent an email and asked for a call back. I think I am going to file a formal complaint. This is not the 1st incident with this company and these cribs that we've had but this is insane. Her poor knee is soooo black and blue. That photo doesn't even do it justice.
15 years ago






2 comments:
Gosh, they are getting so big! I can't believe it. I am already starting to plan the boys 2nd birthday party! And what a great idea with the coloring. I think I will go buy myself some wax paper too! They are so cute. I am so sorry about Addisen's leg. That is horrible. Poor baby. Ryan and Noah used to get their legs stuck in their slats too, but NEVER that bad. You already know what we did. We moved them into toddler beds at 20 months! I know the last thing you wanted to hear. I love you all and miss you all.
http://www.cpsc.gov/talk.html
your best bet~contact them for sure! poor kid!
Post a Comment