...because when have I ever said "no" to sharing my opinion. LOL! And, yes, I am referring to the Jon & Kate saga. Not that anyone should care but just because I do. As a mother of multiples, on a much smaller scale, I can certainly understand the up's and down's a marriage will face with the birth of an 'instant family' of more than a single child. Its my belief that ANY child is a change in a marriage and a relationship but when your blessing is multiplied, the issues that arise are raised exponentially.
If you watch Jon & Kate at all, then you will know what I am talking about. The other night they announced their plans to seperate and later an addition from the production team scrolled onto screen that they had filed for a legal divorce. Now, I am not 'pro-divorce' but I am pro-peace. If they cannot or will not get help or reconcile PEACEFULLY or cannot keep peace in their household for their children, then how is staying married and being completely dysfunctional helping those 8 darling kids? How is fighting and arguing in front of you children showing them a better family model than two happily seperated parents?
I think Jon & Kate have both been receiving a lot of flack for seperating and continuing thes how from some 'holier than thou' critics- most of whom have never had multiples and have never been through the amount of major life changes that these two have...and in such a short period of time, I might add. Think about it- in their 10 years of marriage they have had 2 sets of multiples (that's 8 children in 10 years), 2 high risk pregnancies, 2 sets of preemie babies, fertility treatments and infertility struggles, loss of jobs, high medical bills and financial worries, moved homes twice, been on television, wrote or co-wrote books, started a HUGE national enterprise company branding themselves as international icons...NO ONE can go through that many life changes and remain the same person they once were.
I dont try to defend Kate or her behavior but I can certainly understand how it gets to where it was. I can understand how you snap at someone when the safety of your children is at stake (out in public and you cannot take care of all your children yourself like a normal mother can). I can see how she could lose her cool. Its not always right but its a normal reaction to a HUGE life changing event. I can understand her using her fame to make an income for her family and children. I can understand that. Wouldn't we all be cashing those checks? I think we would! Preach what you may, critics, but I can almost guarantee that any person with 8 children to support and raise would have LOVED to have the income Kate has brought in with her show and books. Jon certainly had no problem spending the money.
In my opinion Jon seems to have totally cashed out. He is wearing earrings. He bought an OCC chopper bike, he was totally vacant for the little kids birthday except to zip in driving a SPORTS CAR. He is on vacation alone a lot. In his interview the other night he said he was "excited" about the seperation and "only 32" and "ready to take things one day at a time". Can we say MID-LIFE CRISIS, Jon? I dont mean to vilianize him at all. Not my intention but my bottom line with Jon is that if he really had issues with Kate and they way she treated him, he should have confronted her years ago and handled it appropriately. By putting up with it to the snapping point, he is just as guilty in my mind. Enabling a poor behavior is just as bad to me as doing the behavior.
Now, having re-read what I wrote, it sounds very one sided and 'anti-Jon Gosselin' but I really dont see things so black and white. I am sure there have been some misgivings on both parts...I can only base my opinion what I see and hear from their interviews. To that end, I leave you with this...my REAL and honest to Goodness belief on this situtation and all marriages for that matter: YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT GOES ON BEHIND CLOSED DOORS.
15 years ago






2 comments:
My heart breaks for those 8 little kiddos and also seeing the complete crumbling of their marriage in such a short time. I, myself, don't have multiples so I have no idea what they're going through but I can definitely see your point.
You're absolutely right in one thing - never knowing what goes on behind closed doors. It's just a shame that critics & praisers alike can't see that for what it is and let them be.
I could have copied and pasted Happily Married's comment and still have said exactly what I wanted to say, lol.
I don't watch the show, but from what I've heard and read, the whole situation is just really sad.
Post a Comment