Watching them grow...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, February 2, 2009

15 month adventure...Part I

On the girls' 15 month 'birthday' I woke up sick to my stomach and miserable. No, I am not pregnant. LOL! Anyway, the girls were in great moods and were their normal selves. They brought me toys to the couch as I lay there and watched them play around the house. They ate a good breakfast. They had a nice nap. They ate a good lunch. They went down for an afternoon nap. Then...all hell broke loose! Parker started crying and I thought she was fighting sleep and ignored her briefly then her cry changed and I knew something was up. Upon entering her room, I saw her sitting in her crib, scared, confused and COVERED in vomit. Poor baby. Poor nauseous mommy.

I got her up, cleaned her up, changed her bed (all the while Addisen stood in her bed screaming because I got Parker up and not her). So, I am walking Parker into the kitchen for a sip of water and she throws up again-- ALL over me, the carpet and her second outfit of the day. Uh oh. We get cleaned up (I had to let Addisen out of her bed to roam around at this point because she was in hysteria)...so here I am near vomitting myself, with one kid that won't stop vomitting, changing vomit covered clothes again and one baby roaming all over the house getting into Lord knows what kind of mischeif. I immediately called my grandma (Nanny) to come help me. She arrives in 20 minutes to me starting a load of pukey laundry and the girls finally resting comfortably in their beds. Then a cry breaks out. I know this one. Uh oh. Parker has covered her bed AGAIN and is totally freaked out.

By this point, we get her cleaned up, give her a teaspoon of water to sip/wash her mouth with and I hold her. Nanny tends to Addie and we get the room cleaned, etc. Parker won't stop vomitting though. Seriously- sinks full and a bowl full. Poor baby. I call the pediatrician and speak to our FAVE nurse. She says to try 1 tsp of Pedialyte every 10 minutes and if she can't keep that down, to come in. 40 minutes later and 2 throw ups, I have a limp and pale baby and off her and I go to the doctor.

I look like death and she does too. At a stop light on our way, we were both dry heaving. What a sight we must have been! Thankfully, by this time, Jason is on his way home but says his stomach hurts. OH NO!

As I pull into the pediatrician's office, I can smell that smell...you know the smell. The one all mom's dread. The smell of diarrhea. OH NO! I open Parker's car door and there is the most limp, BLUE, pale, listless baby I have ever seen. OMG! I scoop her up throw her on my shoulder (while she vomits on a blanket) and literally run her into the building saying "hold on baby girl!"...it was so scary. I got there, cleaned her up (she was LIMP...didn't move the whole time I changed her) and saw the doc. About 3/4 of the way thru her exam, I had to run out to vomit (three times!) and then Jason showed up. My hero! Thank God we were the last patient of the day because we were apparently very needy. LOL!!!

The doctor wanted her to try some Pedialyte in the office to see if she could keep it down...she couldn't. We were getting admitted to the hospital.

As soon as we walked out to the car, I called Nanny to check on Addisen and she was now throwing up too. OH NO! I called our doc immediately and got thru to her and she said to bring her to Parker's room and she would get her admitted too for IV fluids. She also told me that I needed to be admitted as well. HA! Yeah right! In all the spare time I was about to have, huh? HA HA!!!

So, here were are, both parents throwing up and having to take care of two sick hospitalized 15 month old babies. Stay tuned for the remainder of the story. The hospital stay was a story in itself!

1 comments:

The Q. Family said...

Hope y'all are feeling well now!