I live in suburbia. I have neighbors. I get that. Maybe part of the problem is that I grew up on a ranch with no neighbors. No noise other than my own. But I do not know how to handle this.
I have neighbors behind me that have kids. They have SCREAMING banchee children that have (over the course of the year) climbed my fence into my yard to retrieve a ball, broken a board on the fence, scream, thrown things and they have hit windows (they 'thought the lipgloss in their yard was mine' and that was the correct way to return it)...they are poorly behaved children with no manner and are currently SCREAMING non stop at the top of their lungs on the trampoline.
I have napping twins that are very tired and need their rest. How do I address this situation?
I should also note that in the past these people have had the police there in the mid day for really loud music and been sited for noise. I do not want to call the police for noisy kids but COME ON! SHUT UP!!!
How do you handle this?
15 years ago






3 comments:
that stinks...when we lived in an apartment with jaryn we had to just get a box fan. it drowns out the sound of anything. i wouldnt tell them anything personally--they will only get pissed and retaliate! trust me!
That's a sticky situation. Calling the cops won't result in a long-term fix and it may even result in a bit of hostility and retaliation.
In many neighborhoods, people leave unsigned letters in the offender's mailbox to get the message across - however, it's important that the letters are polite and courteous, not accusatory and threatening in nature. It can't hurt to give it a try, though I doubt it will magically fix the situation.
I think we've all had rude neighbors at some point in our lives. It's incredibly difficult to deal with. ((Hugs))
I once told some rowdy toddlers when my child was a toddler that I wasnt afraid to spank other children. I never had to spank mine nor would I others but whenever they acted up I gave "the look"
Post a Comment