Watching them grow...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 26, 2008

It's days like this...

That I absolutely LOVE having twins!!! The day started off bad- the girls slept in!! Ok, that sounds like it would be a good start but if you have multiples or parent on a "schedule" or routine, it throws a wrench in the whole day! They slept in an hour (ahhh!) but awoke starving. I fed them and frantically tried to play catch up all day long. Naps were hit or miss, feedings were off...it was just a rocky start. Then, Daddy came home to two little darlings that were covered in spinach (the new food this week) and chicken. Mmmm!





Then, we get on the floor and practice our new crawling skills only to find that Parker has learned to take off her diaper!



Addisen has PERFECTED her crawl to sit 'trick' this week (just in time for our Development Follow-Up Clinic appointment next week). Look how tiny she looks on the floor!





Then, I needed to go to icky WalMart to get some baby food containers and coffee creamer (both are staples in our house). We have never (I mean, NEVER) seperated the twins...they get one on one time when they wake early or stay up later than their sister but we have never split them up. Well, tonight, by the highly scientific process of "eenie meenie miny moe" Addisen was chosen to accompany me to WalMart and sit in the cart like a big girl while Parker got to stay home and practice her crawling and exploring with Daddy. I just have to say...one baby! HA!!! It was so strange to only have one with me. One to strap into the car, one to carry, one to watch, no one staring or asking me retarded questions...what a breeze it was! Still, it felt like I left home without my left arm though. Good thing I don't know any different than having twins!

At bedtime, the girls had bottles and went to bed...Jason and I sat on the couch and heard their "talking" and squeals...I grabbed my camera and headed in...this is what we found!

Parker ("Oh man! I am BUSTED!"):


Addisen ("Uh oh! Can I hide right here?"):


"Oh well! We're caught! Better act cute ASAP!"


"I have my smile on!"


I adore the fact that they are playing together and talking to each other now- even if it interferes with bedtime. Tonight they were sitting up in their beds facing each other and giggling! How precious is that?! I can not believe how FAST this goes! They will be 8 months this week!!! Can't I just hit "pause" and scoop them up forever?

4 comments:

Nicole Hoff said...

Adorable! Brings a huge smile to my face! I cracked up at their busted faces!

Laurie said...

LOL! I love the 'busted' expressions. :) They are just too cute!

The Q. Family said...

Precious!! I can't believe they're about to be 8 months!!

Melissa said...

They look like such happy babies - love the pictures!